- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Thouroughly mix butter, garlic, onion and pepper
- Fry the bacon to render the fat. Place a drop or two of the fat into each depression of the baking dishes and if you wish a teeny tiny piece of bacon.
- Snack on the remaining bacon while cooking!
- Rinse and pat the escargot dry
- Pack an escargot with the butter mixture into each baking dish hole
- Divide the cheese equally and cover each dish completely
- Place the baguette in the oven with the escargot and bake about 12-15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and browning on top
- Remove the escargot
- Slice the baguette into 1/2″ pieces on the bias
- Serve together using the baguette to sop up the remaining butter sauce
And just one more thing…
Farming the Helix specie of escargot is a $300 million/year business. Push that image of your common garden slug out of your mind. These are the Kings of the snail world!