Grogu’s nectar is the life-sustaining formula he needed while traveling the universe with the Mandalorian. Mando got roped into babysitting the alien child and the task of shepherding him to the elusive Jedi for shelter and training. The Rebel Alliance hopes a fully mature and skilled Grogu will help defeat the resurgent Imperial Empire.
Making the Nectar
This drink had a few unusual requirements to fit the narrative. The color needed to be a dull green to match the character and isn’t the most attractive hue. Midori liqueur is bright neon green and had to be toned down by the remaining ingredients. Bourbon with a little agave nectar, orange and lime juice fit the bill for both color and taste. Make no mistake about it, this is a great tasting cocktail that will make you return for another.
Imitating Grogu’s distinctive eyes and ears were a little easier to imagine and achieved with standard garnish available at any home bar. The robe was a neat touch and the entire project was a lot of fun – especially the tasting. Stay tuned to this channel, Grogu’s Temptation is coming soon!
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz agave syrup
- 3/4 oz midori liqueur
- 1/4 oz orange juice
- 1 fresh lime
- 2 large pitted green olives
- 2 pitted black olives or black olive slicees
- Chill your coupe glass in the cooler
- Slice the lime in half and juice one half
- Cut the second half into quarters to create each of the two “ears”
- Stuff the green olives with the black olives to create the “eyes” and skewer on a cocktail pic
- Combine all the liquid ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake until cold
- Pour into your coupe glass and garnish with the eyes and ears