Artichoke dip is something everyone should have in their snack playbook, because it’s quick, easy and delicious. Are you getting ready for the Super Bowl or a March Madness watch party? Make this the evening in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve. How about a snack while binging your favorite television show or enjoying a movie? Artichoke dip is a go-to choice.
This is a versatile master recipe and can be modified for your personal taste. To increase the heat add some minced jalapeno or your favorite hot sauce. More texture, flavor and color can be added with sliced onions, scallions or chopped spinach. The options are limitless when you consider additional spices like togarashi, tumeric, a cajun mix or herb de provence.
Serve this hot or cold, with your choice of chips, pita pieces, crostini and a selection of crudite for the vegetable lovers in your midst.
When your cream cheese has softened, mix all the ingredients together with a spatula until they are thoroughly combined.
Portion the mixed dip into shallow ramekins, ready to place in the oven, pre-heated to 350 degrees. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then crank up the heat and broil briefly until the tops begin to brown. Remove and allow to cool until ready to serve.
Artichoke Dip with Green Chiles
Artichoke dip with green chilies, cheddar and cream cheese
- 1 small can hatch green chiles
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 TBL mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1–1/2 cups white cheddar – shredded and divided
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt – more to taste
- White pepper – to taste
- Set the cream cheese out in a large bowl and allow it to come to room temperature, about 30-45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350, prep your cheeses, mince the garlic, juice the lemon, drain and chop the artichoke hearts
- Add 1 cup of white cheddar, the parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and lemon juice to the cream cheese and mix until fully combined
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Gently fold in the artichoke hearts with a spatula to keep them in bite size pieces
- Evenly divide the mixture between the baking dishes and cover with the remaining cheddar cheese
- Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes to heat it through
- Broil @ 550 for 2-3 minutes until the cheese on top begins to brown
- Serve with chips, crostini or crudite for dipping