Pesto linguine is how we can enjoy pasta without red sauce. It’s a great alternative because of the unique flavor that’s different from traditional tomato or cheese based sauces. Typically made with fresh ingredients, it’s a delicious option for anyone looking for something a little bit different.
Make no mistake about it, the sauce is the secret. Home-made sauce for this simple and satisfying dish is very easy to make.
Quick Dinner for Two or More
This can be ready as fast as you boil pasta and even a garlic knot of crusty bread will bake in time for dinner. Make the pesto in advance or buy some at the local market if you’re feeling rushed.
Think green for wine pairings like a sauvignon or fume blanc to match that herbacious pesto sauce.
Linguine with Home-made Pesto Sauce
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 4 oz linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce – recipe HERE
- Parmesan cheese – grated
- Fresh parsley or basil leaves – garnish
- Boil the linguine in a pot of well salted water per the maker’s instructions and reserve a half cup of pasta water before draining the pasta
- Drain the pasta and set the empty pot off the heat. Add 2 tablespoons of pasta water to the pot, return the drained pasta to the pot and swirl to re-coat in pasta water. This will help the pesto adhere to the pasta.
- Add the pesto sauce and mix with a pasta ladle or spatula until each strand is fully coated
- Plate immediately, garnish with parsley, a tablespoon of extra pesto sauce (optional) a little grated parmesan and garlic bread