Silver Haze Lemon Drop
A silver haze lemon drop is a riff upon the plain, pedestrian original with something extra. It takes you back to the 60’s, but with changing mores may teleport you to the future. I’m talking about terpenes.
The Secret Ingredient
It’s called a terpene, the highly aromatic organic chemical compound that’s primarily responsible for the unique aroma of plants. Terpenes also benefit plants in unique ways like attracting bees to pollinate or an odor to repel predators.
Isolated terpenes are used to create the scents and flavors of everyday products like perfumes and foods. They’re one of the most abundant compounds in the world you’ve never heard of and they can do more than transmit scent. They may also provide therapeutic benefits to alleviate mood disorders like chronic depression, PTSD and anxiety.
Cannabis plants contain an aburdance of terpenes and the super silver haze blend is isolated from two separate sativa strains. They lend lemon and citrus notes to the earthy natural aroma that attract human cocktail lovers like honeybees to flowers.
Makers claim this can eliminate fatigue and stress to energize you after a hard day’s work without the THC or CBD. Nope, you won’t find them in terpenes, but the power of suggestion and the alcohol may make you a believer. So, the next time you’re stressed out after a tough day on the job – have a Silver Haze Lemon Drop.
Welcome to the future!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Fifteen (15) drops super lemon haze terpene
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz cointreau
- 1 lemon candy fruit slice or lemon twist – garnish
- Place the sugar in a nickel bag and add 15 drops of lemon haze terpene
- Shake and seal the plastic baggie and let it set for a few hours or overnight to give the terpene time to infuse it’s aroma into the sugar
- Chill a coupe or cocktail glass in the cooler
- Notch a fruit slice for the garnish
- Quarter the lemon, rim the glass with it and rim the glass with the infused sugar
- Muddle a lemon quarter in a shaker with a cube of ice and fill the shaker with more ice
- Add the vodka, simple syrup and cointreau
- Shake until ice cold
- Double strain and pour into the chilled glass and float one drop of lemon haze terpene on top of the cocktail
- Garnish with the candy slice and enjoy!
Terpenes do not contain thc, cbd, or any illegal component. Use of drug related terms and references are for entertainment purposes only – just like the movies!