Buttered Brown Sugar Green Beans
Buttered brown sugar green beans is the companion dish to my elevated Christmas version. You know, the one with fresh green beans bundled into haystacks and wrapped with a slice of real bacon.
This is the quick and easy recipe using canned beans and bacon bits, but no less tasty. It only takes minutes to prepare and represents the best of casual cooking. It’s another traditional recipe that is an essential part of our Thanksgiving feast.
- 1 stick salted butter – melted
- 3 cans whole green beans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2–3 TBL crumbled real bacon pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Drain and place the green beans into a baking dish
- Melt the butter and whisk in the brown sugar and garlic salt until well combined
- Pour the butter mixture over the green beans – do not mix it
- Sprinkle the bacon over the top and cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve family style