Seared scallop on pea puree is an elegant and delicious appetizer that makes a beautiful presentation. Scallops are loved for their delicate flavor and tender texture. When served on a bed of puree, the sweetness of peas or carrots compliment the flavor of the scallops creating a delicious and balanced dish. Microgreens add a pop of color, texture and freshness.
Don’t like peas? Then pivot to carrot puree that is equally appealing in both taste and appearance. Both purees are smooth and creamy with flavor that won’t overshadow the scallops.
Seared Scallop On Pea Puree
Seared scallop on pea puree with microgreen garnish
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 scallops
- 1 TBL butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Pea puree – get the recipe HERE, or
- Carrot Puree – get the recipe HERE
- Make the puree and hold on warm
- Rinse, pat dry and season the scasllops with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat the olive oil and butter on medium. When the skillet is hot, sear them on the first side until golden brown – about 2 minutes. Turn them and sear the other side, about 1-2 more minutes
- Place a dollop of puree on each serving plate, place a scallop on each, followed by a generous pinch of microgreens for garnish
- Serve immediately
Special thanks to Stoned Epicureans, supplier and grower of fine microgreens serving the Arkansas River Valley!
Keywords: Scallops, Peas