Super Bowl Nacho Bites
Super Bowl nacho bites are the go-to game time snack. If it isn’t game day then they relieve the restaurant nacho blues. How many times have you ordered an expensive nacho appetizer only to be served a bag of chips warmed under a heat lamp, piled on a plate with the cheese and toppings dumped on top? Then to add insult to injury there’s never enough good stuff to go with the chips. Grrr.
This is the solution. These are quick and easy but most important, every single bite is perfect. Great for gatherings or for enjoyment in the privacy of your own home when the urge for some Tex-Mex strikes.
There are only four major ingredients, to which you add your own favorite hot sauce or salsa. These always go fast, so plan on making a second batch.
- Tostitos corn chips
- Canned Old El Paso traditional refried beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- Tapatio hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Spread chips individually and cover a baking sheet with them
- Use a table knife to spread refried beans on each chip
- Place a large pinch of cheese on each chip
- Drop a piece of black olive or two on each chip
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to bubble
- Remove from oven, call your guests and get out of the way
- Serve with Tapatio sauce
And just one more thing…
You have full permission to substitute anything you want on these, just let me know how you like to do it!